Combo of not enough yoga this month, so out of shape for it, emotional times over the past month, being slightly under the weather and ….. That yoga is always a challenge and I LOVE it!
It’s amazing how squeezing your body this way and that, sweating profusely and staying on the breath frees up so much emotion….the most amazing things just pop up…then disappear.
Tonight after class I lay in savasana for another 20 minutes and observed my aura change from muddy brown tangled sludge, to golden clouds surrounding my resting body and shooting out of my palms. Obviously some healing energy going down…..
1. working this much is going very well, I am on top of things (the work, not some hot grandpa)
2. Have managed to avoid the flu so far…..(hope that wasn’t bad luck to even say, type or think that thought)
3. The small small dose of dancing fun was great, now ready for a nice Bikram session at 6 and home to jammies and tv…..fffffun….ffffffor……FFFFFFFriday
4. I have agreed to a date with a new grandpa bachelor number 6…..he is as old as dirt, however “nothing ventured, nothing gained”
5. I feel happy deep in my core, perhaps the happiest I have ever been….this is so wonderful…..the work I am doing on myself is working, today, right now…..
Throwback Thursday……half moon pose in the lavender 2010…. A year and a half into my practice. It will be four years of Bikram Yoga four times a week at least on January 4 2013……
Best thing I ever did….started a chain of events that I am so grateful for. It brought me back to me and every day I feel as giddy as a school girl in love!
1. my neck is sore from working on spatial files again, feel like the frozen shoulder is trying to arrive, one more night of ice and ibuprofen then back to yoga in the am, yes I am being lazy, but it was REALLY uncomfortable on Thursday in class….that’s my story and I am sticking to it, yes I will be drinking wine home alone tonight instead……
2. it is dark, rainy and forbidding right now here on the wet west coast, it makes me feel cozy and happy to have an evening with nothing to do… with wine.
3. the daughter unit has gone to Los Vegas for the weekend, see comment 2.
4. i am excitedly planning my disco dance divorce party for next month, i was afraid no one would come, but the response, at least initially, has been good….I wished someone of the opposite sex liked me best, but nooooooooooooooooooooooo…….
5. my freshly single friend is driving me crazy with her dating narrative, she is like a frenzied obsessed Plenty of Fish machine and has to call me with a detailed description of each and every one…..I am encouraging to her….but like…..I told her ” would you council your daughter to do what you are doing?”……really??
Even though I flew home on Wednesday last week, haven’t really taken a full down day….I have been busy….I think today I had a system shut down I preparation for re boot.
Did absolutely nothing, lounged, napped, surfed the net, watched TED talks, walked the dog, made vegetables (beets and parsnips, garlic) for roasting with olive and truffle oil (right from Tuscany), cracked pepper and sea salt, prepped salmon for baking….checked my email, put out a couple of work fires…..picked at my eyelash extensions….etc….lots of nothing…..
Off to class soon, get my sweat on…..let the daughter unit serve me the dinner that will be cooking while I rock out in Bikram’s Chamber of Ego Bashing Goodness….
Tomorrow I kick in….I hope….
Breezed through, barely there, feeling strong, but weak, got the colly wobbles for the first four poses, then cruised.
On the down side the real thirty day challenge started today and I cannot count my first eleven days towards it. Hmmmm, might become a forty two day challenge. There could be worse things.
I practice yoga because …
I am really uncentred right now
Daughter is back from Europe on Friday and I am excited to see her, but wary of the legions of friends who will be showing up here to pre drink and hear all about the epic trip
I am more awake than I have been for the past 48 hrs
Bikram yoga in my near future, need a dose of challenge, meditation and perspiration
The house is clean, went into a 6am cleaning frenzy.
Yes, my life is dull…..sorry maybe I will post some seductive pictures of my aging body to capture a wider readership on tumblr? ” Don’t ” you say? :)
Like a hot knife through butter, whew……how does that work? Yes folks there is a magic bullet, thank god!
But it’s over now, yoga in 45 minutes. I crash without, I start dreaming about the ex again, start freaking out about my relatively good lot in life and generally loose positivity and hope. Not good, not happy, not hopeful.
Dali Lama says that the greatest tragedy is when one looses hope, he is right. My dog has so much to teach me, she is always hopeful, hopeful for a treat when the cupboard door opens, hopeful for a walk when “it’s about that time”……when dogs give up hope generally someone puts them to sleep…..not so much with humans, either fortunately or unfortunately….depending on the particular human.
Page 1 of 8